Aims for Children
- To make every child feel secure in the early learning environment.
- To develop each child’s sense of self.
- To allow each individual to develop intellectual abilities at their own pace.
- To help develop children socially and emotionally by making them aware of all the emotions which may be experienced, and teaching them to deal with those emotions in an acceptable way.
- To develop children’s creativity and self expression through art, language and music with the emphasis being placed on the doing, not the end result.
- To help children develop confidence in their physical abilities by providing activities to encourage both fine and gross motor skills.
Partnership of Care
We believe the best way to work with you and your child is by building a partnership of care. To do this we want you to feel:
- Welcomed, recognised, acknowledged and respected by all our educators.
- That your child is really known by, and really knows, the people who care for him or her.
- You are given lots of information about what is occurring and are asked for your views.
- You are involved in making decisions about your child’s experiences.
- You and your child are received and greeted upon arrival.
- Your child is happy, secure and engaged.
- Your child is not just looked after but really cared for.